Friday, October 4, 2013

cooking bacon

I don't know about you, but I love bacon!!! I hate cooking it though. On the stove at least....

Wait on the stove at least?? Are you telling me there is another way to cook bacon??? Ohh you are talking about the microwaveable bacon right?? I'm not a fan of that...

I'm not all for bakin' bacon on the stove or in the microwave... in-fact!! I use the oven!!!

The oven!?!?!?! 

Yes the oven!!!

Here is what you do... grab a cookie sheet... grab your bacon... put the slices separately on the cookie sheet.... put the cookie sheet in the oven... turn the oven on 425 degrees... cook away and walk away...

wait what!?!?!?!?!


Do not preheat the oven... I repeat Do NOT preheat the oven... and yes you can walk away... and you don't have to worry about being burned or splashed...

I usually have two cookie sheets of bacon going... Which takes a little longer...

one cookie sheet will take anywhere between 20 to 30 minutes depending on how crispy you like your bacon... if you flip the bacon after about 10 mins it will not stick as much to the cookie sheet.

two cookies sheets, about every 10 to 15mins I rotate which cookie sheet is on top... and about after 20 mins I flip the bacon... I let it cook for about an hour or sometimes an hour and fifteen minutes cause I like crispy bacon...

I have been cooking bacon like this for a little over a year now... and I love it... I am able to type this blog for you all to read while my bacon is cooking... haha

And I have time to still cut the tomato and rip the lettuce... and I even can get the toast ready...

Yup BLTs is what we are having here at the Darga house hold for dinner. 




No comments: